You can use this page as a starting point for finding what you're looking for.
|Table of contents|
- Rules Of Go - introductory starting from nothing, learn most of the game and how to play, in a few minutes.
- Pages For Beginners (see also: introductory pages by topic)
- Introduction to Life and Death
- Common Corner Shapes what is the status of standard shapes in the corner
- Problems and exercises index of problems on this site
Technique and skill
- Tesuji Skillful Tactical Plays (examples)
- Shape Collection All about shape
- Connecting techniques Keep them together
- Cutting techniques Keep them apart
- Haengma the movement of the stones
- Eyes Collection There is more to eyes than meets the ...
- Invasion itinerary invading an enemy framework
- Fuseki (opening): everything about the opening
- Joseki (standard sequences): those pesky corner plays
- Side patterns
- Attack and defense
- Counting and Scoring determining who wins a game
- Capturing race
- Ko fights don't be afraid of them
- Give me liberties
- Go Proverbs
- Good habits and bad habits things every player should know
About studying the game
- Teaching and improvement
- Commented Professional Games
- Big Question Mark asking for help
- Life and Death problems from games add your own game situations
- Go History a brief History of Go
- Names in Go famous players, authors etc. See also: Professional Players' Go Styles
- Professional tournaments names of big tournaments, aka titles
- Famous Go Games how the pros do it
About the Goban
- Making your own equipment ever dreamed of making your own equipment?
- Unusual Gobans as if normal Go isn't difficult enough
- Different Sized Boards Playing Go on boards of various sizes
- Basic rules of Go
- Handicap Ratings, skill and how to compensate for the difference
- Komi to compensate for the first move
- Variants Playing Go, well, not entirely ...
Clubs, Tournaments and Ratings
- Go Places venues, clubs, tournament venues, ...
- Match Types Various ways of playing Go matches
- Rank and Rating
- Computer Go How to write Go software.
- Go Programs Go software of all kinds.
- Go Servers Sites for playing other people or programs, or just watching them play.
- SGF Archives Saved (and commented) games, tsumegos and joseki dictionaries.
- Computers More links to similar topics.
- Go Books Books on and about Go
- Go magazines National association journals and commercial magazines
- Hikaru no Go the popular manga
- Go Terms definitions of common Go terms from Japanese and other languages.
- English Go Terms definitions of common English Go terms.
- Chinese Go Terms
- Japanese Go Terms
- Korean Go Terms
- Pages marked as type Theory: https://senseis.xmp.net/?header=keywords&term=Theory
- Formal definitions of eye
- Benson's Definition of Unconditional Life
- A life points theory theoretical approach attempt
- Miai counting Evaluating the urgency of moving in a local position from the difference between the results of a Black or a White move
- Deiri counting An alternative to miai counting
- Score The actual net territory (Black minus White) in an played out area
- Count The potential score in an area, as a tree
- Infinitesimals Special numbers used to evaluate positions
- Tewari Analysing sequences of moves by considering them in a different order or with omissions
- Combinatorial game theory the mathematical theory of games like go
- Complexity of go (In the mathematical sense)
- Mathematical ko terms
- Temperature The urgency of playing in the game as a whole or some part of it
- Link Collection links to other Go resources
- Go Media various links to electronic media such as pictures, bitmaps, sounds, etc ...
- Go Places links to clubs, venues, ...
- Go and the rest of the world
- Buying Equipment links to shops
- Guided Tours follow your guide through the library
Discussion about the nature of this web site: practical advice for navigating and editing, as well as some more philosophical issues.