You can use this page as a starting point for finding what you're looking for.
|Table of contents|
- Rules Of Go - introductory - starting from nothing, learn most of the game and how to play, in a few minutes.
- Pages For Beginners (see also: introductory pages by topic)
- Introduction to Life and Death
- Common Corner Shapes - what is the status of standard shapes in the corner
- Problems and exercises - index of problems on this site
Technique and skill
- Tesuji - Skillful Tactical Plays (examples)
- Shape Collection - All about shape
- Connecting techniques - Keep them together
- Cutting techniques - Keep them apart
- Haengma - the movement of the stones
- Eyes Collection - There is more to eyes than meets the ...
- Invasion itinerary - invading an enemy framework
- Fuseki - (opening): everything about the opening
- Joseki - (standard sequences): those pesky corner plays
- Side patterns
- Attack and defense
- Counting and Scoring - determining who wins a game
- Capturing race
- Ko fights - don't be afraid of them
- Give me liberties
- Go Proverbs
- Good habits and bad habits - things every player should know
About studying the game
- Teaching and improvement
- Commented Professional Games
- Big Question Mark - asking for help
- Life and Death problems from games - add your own game situations
- Go History - a brief History of Go
- Names in Go - famous players, authors etc. See also: List of Korean Names, Professional Players' Go Styles
- Professional tournaments - names of big tournaments, aka titles
- Famous Go Games - how the pros do it
About the Goban
- Making your own equipment - ever dreamed of making your own equipment?
- Unusual Gobans - as if normal Go isn't difficult enough
- Different Sized Boards - Playing Go on boards of various sizes
- Basic rules of Go
- Handicap - Ratings, skill and how to compensate for the difference
- Komi - to compensate for the first move
- Variants - Playing Go, well, not entirely ...
Tournaments and Ratings
- Go Places - venues, clubs, tournament venues, ...
- Match Types - Various ways of playing Go matches
- Rank and Rating
- Computer Go – How to write Go software.
- Go Programs – Go software of all kinds.
- Go Servers – Sites for playing other people or programmes, or just watching them play.
- SGF Archives – Saved (and commented) games, tsumegos and joseki dictionaries.
- Computers – More links to similar topics.
- Go Books - Books on and about Go
- Go magazines - National association journals and commercial magazines
- Hikaru no Go - the popular manga
- Go Terms - definitions of common Go terms from Japanese and other languages.
- English Go Terms - definitions of common English Go terms.
- Chinese Go Terms
- Japanese Go Terms
- Korean Go Terms
- Link Collection - links to other Go resources
- Go Media - various links to electronic media such as pictures, bitmaps, sounds, etc ...
- Go Places - links to clubs, venues, ...
- Go and the rest of the world
- Buying Equipment - links to shops
- Guided Tours - follow your guide through the library
Discussion about the nature of this web site: practical advice for navigating and editing, as well as some more philosophical issues.