It may seem that there is only one way of playing a Go match, but this is not true. Many Major Titles are often played as a best-out-of-n contest over several days or months, or similar. Here are some of the variants which have been, and still are, used sometimes.
- A way of playing big matches - Jubango
- Everyone who has read 'First Kyu' will have fond memories of a BangNeki (Is my memory right?)
- Round Robin style tournaments
- McMahon Pairing style tournaments
- Blitz Games often used for fun, but could of course be serious
Mostly for fun
- Rengo is fun with more than 2 players
- General Go a possible interesting concept.
- The Counting Game is a nice meta-competition.
- BangNeki and Jubango matches border this category.
- Organizing a Tournament/Discussion for more info about how tournaments are organised.
- Go Variants