It may seem that there is only one way of playing a Go match, but this is not true. Many Major Titles are often played as a best-out-of-n contest over several days or months, or similar. Here are some of the variants which have been, and still are, used sometimes.
- A way of playing big matches - Jubango
- Everyone who has read 'First Kyu' will have fond memories of a BangNeki (Is my memory right?)
- Round Robin style tournaments
- McMahon Pairing style tournaments
- Blitz Games often used for fun, but could of course be serious