This is a list of lecturers on the NHK go program. It shows which players have been lecturers. Some of the lectures have been written up and published as books, so they might be obtainable. Please correct any mistakes or add new information. Richard Hunter
The books have been published as the NHK Igo Series (ＮＨＫ囲碁シリーズ). The website lists all the books in the series.
The dates follow the Japanese academic/business year, which starts in April. Early lectures were full years. From 1993, the format changes to a quarter year (Q) or half year (2Q). So 1993 Q4 is January to March 1994. The question marks are dates I am not sure about but may be able to check later. I have referred to the Japanese wikipedia page on Igonojikan (link seems to convert to unicode badly), but it has definite mistakes, such as omitting Yamashiro 1994, which I watched on TV. I have several of the TV lectures on video, but cut them to save space, so not all of them have identifiable dates.
- 1969/4 to ?? Kageyama Toshiro
- 1984 Abe Yoshiteru joseki Books by Seibido #60, 61 orange.
- 1985 Ishikura Noboru
- 1986 Kamimura Kunio NHK book.
- 1989 Ishikura Noboru
- 1992 Kiyonari Tetsuya + Hayashi (full year) NHK book on Go Proverbs; ISBN4-14-016061-6
- 1993 Q1 Takemiya Masaki NHK book
- 1993 Q2 Hane Yasumasa + Shigeno Yuki 2p 13 lectures NHK book
- 1993 Q3 Imamura Toshiya + Hayashi 13 lectures no book
- 1993 Q4 Yoda Norimoto + Inaba Yoshiko 6d 12 lectures NHK book
- 1994 Q1 Yamashiro Hiroshi + 13 lectures NHK book
- 1994 Q2 Koyama +
- 1994 Q3 Ishii Kunio
- 1995 ? Yoshida Mika
- 1996 Q1 Sugiuchi Kazuko + Yamashita Chifumi no book
- 1996 Q2 Yo Kagen + Hoshino 5d no book
- 1986 ? Rui Naiwei lectures no book?
- 1996 ? Go Seigen 21st century fuseki
- 1998 Q1? (45th) Yuki Satoshi + Shibusawa Machiko 6d
- 1998 Q3? Shirae Haruhiko + Rin Yoshimi 6d NHK book (blue)
- 1998 Q1-2? Umezawa Yukari 9x9 intro for beginners
- 1998 Q3-4? Umezawa Yukari 9x9 intro for beginners
- 1999 Q1-2 Go Seigen + Ogawa Tomoko Memorable games
- 1999 Q3-4 Ishikura Noboru
- 2000 Q1-2 Michael Redmond NHK book: Translation: The ABC's of Attack and Defense
- 2000 Q3-4 Sonoda Yuichi NHK book: 苑田勇一流基本戦略; ISBN4-14-016103-5
- 2001 Q1-2 O Meien + Rin Hiromi 6d NHK book: 石の働き「広い方から押し込む」 ISBN4-14-016113-2
- 2001 Q3-4 Kataoka Satoshi + Rin Yoshimi 6d NHK book: サバキのテクニック ISBN 4-14-016112-4
- 2001/10 to 2003/3? Not a TV Lecture ? Sonoda Yuichi NHK book: Good Points and Bad Points to Play
- 2002 Q1-2 Rin Kaiho + Mannami Kana 2p?
- 2002 Q3 Awaji Shuzo +
- 2003 Q1 Shirae Haruhiko
- 2003 Q2 Shirae Haruhiko
- 2003 Q3-4 Ogawa Tomoko
- 2004 Q1-2 Ogawa Tomoko
- 2004 Q3-4 Ishikura Noboru + Oshida Kana? 6d
- 2005 Q1-2 Otake Hideo
- 2005 Q3-4 Ohmori Yasushi + Inaba Yoshiko 6d
- 2006 Q1-2 Ishida Yoshio
- 2006 Q3-4 Yamada Kimio + Kuwabara Yoko
- 2007 Q1-2 Takemiya Yoko + Yashiro Kumiko
- 2007 Q3-4 Yuki Satoshi + Mannami Kana
- 2008 Q1-2 Michael Redmond + Aoba Kaori
Other Go books published by NHK that were not based on TV Lectures.
- 1995 Aragaki Takeshi NHK book: Practical Life and Death Training Drill (新垣武の実戦に役立つ死活反復トレーニング ISBN: 4-14-016098-5 jissen ni yakudatsu shikatsu hanpuku go torainingu)
Richard Hunter Note to FredK. I am almost certain the Aragaki book was not a TV Lecture. The NHK monthly magazine contains other columns and articles in addition to write-ups of the lectures and the games, but I never read it regularly, so I don't know if Aragaki did the tsumego column that year.
FredK Sorry about that!
For reviews of some NHK books, see FredK/Japanese Book Reviews -- FredK