Sonoda Yuichi (born March 30, 1952 in Osaka, Japan) is a professional Go player in the Kansai Ki-in. Lives in Osaka, Japan. He is a pupil of Ogawa Masaharu. He was promoted to 1 dan in 1968, to 9 dan in 1978.
Sonoda Yuichi is renowned for a style even more centrally-oriented than Takemiya. He was four times challenger for a major title. Imamura Toshiya, Furuya Masao, Hoshikawa Manabu and Onoda Takuya are his pupils.
- 3rd Tengen (1977), lost 1:3 against Shimamura Toshihiro
- 12th Tengen (1986), lost 1:3 against Kobayashi Koichi
- 14th Tengen (1988), lost 2:3 against Cho Chikun
- 23rd Gosei (1998), lost 0:3 against Yoda Norimoto
- Winner 2nd Kisei Tournament, 8 Dan Division
- Finalist 8th (1983) & 13th (1988) Kisei Tournament
- Six times Winner of the Kansai Kiin Oteai