Shape is a quality of a group of stones of the same color. This quality is highly influenced by the enemy stones present in the same area.
|Table of contents|
Good shape 
So, stones have good shape when they are connected or will easily be connected, make an eye or will easily make an eye with a minimum number of stones, and maintain a certain amount of flexibility.
It must be noted that to talk about the quality of shapes divorced from the location of opposing stones is probably ill-advised, if not misleading. Also, there is often a dynamic notion to shape, while the static treatise may suffer from a superficial understanding.
- A static treatise on shape
- Diagonal play reference shapes
- Four basic shapes - part of a book by Chinese professional Fan Hui
- Good shape according to Francis Roads
- Loved In Emerald / How good shape becomes bad shape
- Shapes And Connections
- Six good and six bad shapes
- The dynamic nature of shape
- 90 degree shapes
- Good shape and bad shape
- Shape Collection
: It may also be good shape to reduce the opponent's flexibility, even when you reduce your own.