Leela Zero is an open-source, community-based project attempting to replicate the approach of AlphaGo Zero. It has reached superhuman strength. A Windows binary is available, but it can also be compiled for Mac and Linux.
Follow the instructions given at https://github.com/gcp/leela-zero.
For Linux you need to build it yourself, and you may be unable to build from release 0.17 ( bug #2378.
(Could add tips here based on our experience)
See also LeelaZero / Patrick Traill on Linux for the tale of how he got the GPU running but ended up with a dysfunctional laptop battery.
- Leela is an older and weaker program, not open source, by the same author trained on high level games.
- iceelz a GUI which lets you use LeelaZero with Alphago Master's opening library.
- Lizzie ( https://github.com/featurecat/lizzie) a GUI to LeelaZero allowing a nice visualisation of its debug output - suggested moves, win rate, variations, etc
- LeelaSabaki modified version of SabakiSoftware
- LeelaChess a sister project for Chess
- https://www.reddit.com/r/cbaduk/comments/8wo1ni/new_approach_success_modification_of_lz_became/ describes a new version of Leela Zero trained to work with various values of komi: 7.5, 0, -7.5. This has been used to analyse the ear-reddening move.
- https://github.com/featurecat/Influencie Using LeelaZero to generate Influence maps
- https://www.zbaduk.com play leela zero from your web browser (also for smartphones and tablets).
- OGS now has an AI review feature which uses LeelaZero.
- Zbaduk an online tool using LeelaZero for quick and easy analysis