Study assistance software
This is a list of computer programs or internet sites that can help you study. Some offer interactive study problems, some solve problems you setup. They are not fully functional go playing programs. For other programs see Go Programs.
|Table of contents|
- Waltheri - free go pattern search engine.
- EidoGo -- Web-based joseki tutor and SGF replayer
- fuseki info : Online version of the BiGo Assistant Profi - professional Go games database (more than 48,000 games). Contains game records, game lists, fuseki and joseki trees.
- Go Game Assistant : Online version of the Go Game Assistant - A comprehensive tool for Go games. It can help you play, study , comment a game with reference inserts, play online, record, print, manage Go files, convert different formats, and it even includes coaching courses. CD include (more than 35,000 games).
- Go Guess a guess the next move program from the same author as Go Tools
- Tsumego.app -- A modern tsumego web app, in early stages of development.
- Guo Juan's Internet Go School -- Online Go teaching school, recorded audio Go lectures.
- Kiseido Digital Books -- online commentaries of master games, using animated go boards
- AI Sensei - Automated game reviews with KataGo or Leela Zero, created by Benjamin Teuber 6d.
- Panda Sensei - life and death solving AI offered as a webservice.
- Zbaduk - Offers review tools with AI capabilities. Uses LeeLa Zero and KataGo.
Programs (that run on your local computer)
- BiGo - more than 1 500 000 games. About 50 000 of them are professional. Full board, half board and 3/4 board Fuseki, Joseki (12x12 and 9x9 corners) bases with billions variations built from all games.
- Complete Gu-Go? http://www.magnolia.co.jp/ (Page is in Japanese) Monte Carlo based software. 12.800 yen
- Drago -- Drago is a SGF viewer/editor you can use to replay problems and games, and play against GNU Go.
- Go Album -- Organizes a collection of Go problems with which to practice your reading skills.
- gogameonline Life and death problems for Windows http://www.gogameonline.com -- Solve go game life and death problems to promote your skill. Also available for mobile
- GoGoD http://www.gogod.co.uk -- Go database plus many features suitable for go study, and many pro commentaries.
- GoGrinder -- A Java program for practicing Go problems.
- GoKnot Plays locally (using the included GNU Go), Analyzes: score, territory, best moves, dragons. Plays and observes (multiple games) at IGS, creates bitmaps of boards, and more. (Windows only)
- GoReviewPartner Open source project which presents computer analysis from various AI of a game.
- Go Tools -- THE best known, and possibly buggiest tsumego solver
- Jacoto -- A game collection manager.(GPL).
- Jseki -- A tsumego teaching tool
- Kombilo -- Database software for studying saved games. Included in GoGoD
- SmartGo -- Go database, SGF editor and player (current version uses Go Tools as tsumego solver).
- SmartGo Books -- Go bookstore & reader for iOS.
- uliGo -- A program to practice Go problems.
- disort.sh - sorts the problems from www.goproblems.com in order of the rank - for linux users.
- sortProblemsByRank.bat - accomplishes the same as disort.sh but for windows xp users.
- /Archive Archive subpage which may contain old software which you still find useful.
- Go Programs
- Problems and exercises