A Go prodigy is a young child with enormous talent for Go.
- Cho Hun-Hyeon, youngest person to become pro in the world, age 9.
- Yi Ch'ang-ho, the one and only :-)
- Go Seigen
- Chen Xiaonan, 2 dan Chinese professional at age 13 (as of 2004)
- Cho Chikun, formerly youngest person to become professional in Japan, age 11.
- Murakawa Daisuke, third youngest Japanese professional at age 11.
- Yuki Satoshi, Japanese professional at age 11.
- Iyama Yuta first Japanese professsional born in Heisei era. Youngest to hold an open title, youngest big title holder.
- Hashimoto Shoji
- Liao Xingwen, Chinese professional at age 12.
- Ogawa Doteki, 6 dan at age 13, Honinbo heir at age 15.
- Honinbo Shuwa 7 dan at age 20(very rare in edo period), crushed Gennan Inseki dream to become meijin.
- Honinbo Dochi 7dan when about 17 years old,youngest hereditary meijin at age 31.
- Wu Shuhao
- Fujisawa Rina, youngest Japanese professional at 11 years and 6 months.
- Wei Haoting, youngest taiwanese 1 dan at 10 years, 3 months.
- Yang Dingxin, youngest (?) chinese 1 dan at 9 years, 9 months. In 2010 he qualified for the 3rd round of the Lanke (the richest Chinese title), defeating Chen Yaoye Tianyuan and in 2011-04-24, at 12 and 6 months, won his first title (the 5th Xinxiu).