|Table of contents|
I play on KGS as yoyoma, usually 1d.
I enjoy reviewing games, both my own and to help others.
- http://playgo.to/interactive - An interactive introduction to Go
- KGS Rooms / Beginners' Room - Play other beginners and find stronger players that are willing to give you some pointers. (Rooms -> Room List -> lessons -> Beginners' Room)
- EssentialGoTerms, then GoTerms - To learn the jargon
- http://gobase.org/studying/joseki/basic - Learn some basic joseki, there is a lot of other good information on this site.
- KGSTeachingLadder - Receive free teaching, with the understanding that you will teach those weaker than you. (Rooms -> Room List -> lessons -> KGS Teaching Ladder)
- GTL - Look at amateur game reviews and get your own games reviewed.
- DonTAttachWhenAttacking - Important concept, I wish this page was a little better, maybe sometime I'll put some work into it.
- KikashiAndInfluence - This page is ok, but scroll to the bottom and read Charles Matthews "point of kikashi against weak/strong groups".
Can I live under that 4-4 stone? What about this enclosure? What about this one? What about this other one? Answer to all these: It depends on the surroundings. Walls halfway across the board make a difference!
Maybe I could put these on various BQMs or Random Tseumego and use an index here to keep track of them for my own use.
- ExcaliburClock - Step by step setting the clock
- Austin tournaments
Gaps represent times I didn't play that much, except the 1996 gap I was playing sporadically, but I don't have records of my IGS games (I got these few data points I have from GTL games). It's too bad KGS wasn't around to preserve my history from 28k to 5k!
1995-04 - 28k IGS 1995-08 - 24k IGS 1995-09 - 23k IGS
1997-03 - 5k IGS
2002-10 - 10k KGS 2002-11 - 8k KGS 2002-12 - 7k KGS
2003-06 - 5k KGS 2003-08 - 4k KGS 2003-12 - 3k KGS 2004-03 - 2k KGS 2004-05 - 1k KGS 2004-09 - * rating algorithm change, later bottom out around 5k
2006-09 - * rating algorithm changes again for KGS3, later recover to around 1k 2006-11 - 1k KGS 2006-12 - 1d KGS 2007-09 - 2d KGS 2007-11 - 1d KGS * After here I couldn't get back to 2d for a long time 2009-09 - 2d KGS * Finally returned after 2 years!
Building this here, will decide where to put it later (Is there a way to put a linefeed in a cell?)
|Winner for AGA Event|
|Date||Event||AGA Rep for International|
|2009-08||US Open||Myungwan Kim 9p|
|(also qualifier for WAGC)||Thomas Hsiang|
|(also qualifier for KPMC)||Yuan Zhou|
|2009-10||KPMC||Yuan Zhou -- 5th|
|2009-11||North American Fujitsu Cup||Jie Li|
|2010-02||Pair Go||Feng Yun 9p, Jie Li|
|2010-02||Chunlan Cup AGA Qualifier||Mingjiu Jiang 7p|
|2010-03||World Pair Go||Feng Yun 9p, Jie Li -- 1st Round|
|2010-03||Chunlan Cup 1st round||Mingjiu Jiang 7p First Round|
|2010-04||Fujitsu||Jie Li -- April 10|
|(also qualifier for WAGC)|
|(also qualifier for KPMC)|
|(also qualifier for Fujitsu)|