Cho Hun-hyeon (Hangul: 조훈현, Hanja: 曹薰鉉, Cho Hunhyun, b. 10 March 1953) is a Korean, professional 9-dan. He is commonly held as one of the greatest players of all-time, having amassed more titles & played and won more games than any other professional. He is also responsible for having been the main teacher of one of the other greatest players of all time, Yi Ch'ang-ho.
- 1962: He became the world's youngest pro at 9 years old via the Hankuk Kiwon.
- 1963: He went to Japan to become a pupil of Segoe Kensaku, and was initially ranked as a 4 kyu insei. Japanese reading of his name was Sō Kungen.
- 1966: Passed the insei league honsen to make it decided that he was pro (July).
- 1967: Achieved 1 dan pro at the Nihon Ki-in at age 14.
- 1972: Back to Korea. Hankuk Kiwon admitted him as 5 dan, which was his ranking at the Nihon Ki-in.
- 1980: Winner of all the domestic titles (9 titles).
- 1982: He became the first 9 dan ever in Hankuk Kiwon. Winner of all the domestic titles (10 titles).
- 1986: Winner of all the domestic titles (11 titles).
- 1990: Winner of the 1st Ing Cup (d. Nie Weiping).
- 1994: Winner of the 5th Tong Yang Securities Cup (d. Yoda Norimoto) and the 7th Fujitsu Cup (d. Yu Ch'ang-hyeok).
- 1995: Earned 1000th win at Hankuk Kiwon.
- 1997: Winner of the 8th Tong Yang Securities Cup (d. Kobayashi Satoru).
- 1999: Winner of the 1st Chunlan Cup (d. Yi Ch'ang-ho).
- 2000: Winner of the 13th Fujitsu Cup (d. Chang Hao).
- 2001: Winner of the 14th Fujitsu Cup (d. Ch'oe Myeong-hun) and the 6th Samsung Cup (d. Chang Hao).
- 2002: Winner of the 7th Samsung Cup (d. Wang Lei Sr.).
- 2010: Winner of the 1st Daejoo Cup (d. Seo Bongsoo). Daejoo was the title #158 in Cho's carreer.
- 2013-09-02: Earned 1900th win at Hankuk Kiwon, beating Choi Jung in the 7th Auction Cup.
- 2013: Winner of the 4th Daejoo Cup (d. Choi Kyubyeong). Daejoo was the title #159 in Cho's carreer.
- His web site: http://www.chohunhyun.com (Korean). - website no long active.
- Hankuk Kiwon player profile: http://www.baduk.or.kr/info/player_view.asp?gno=1002