This page contains a list of milestones reached by professional players: either wins or games played in professional competition. I know of no unified source for this data, so this list will necessarily remain incomplete and out of date.
The number of official games per year has varied over the past century, though it has generally increased, while there is also inter-country variation in the number of games player per year.
Some 88 Japanese players have reached 500 wins, and 11 have reached 1000 as of July 2010.
- Cho Hunhyun - 1948 wins as of June 2016.
- Lee Changho - reached 2010-01-18 (1711 wins as of June 2016)
- Seo Bongsoo - reached 2012-04-18 (1601 wins as of June 2016)
- Cho Chikun - reached in 2017-04-27, beating Kobayashi Satoru (in Cho's record are also 821 losses, 3 jigo, 4 no result).
- Rin Kaiho - 1400 wins as of August 2015
- Kobayashi Koichi - 1200 wins reached in 2005 (Kobayashi reached 1300 wins in August 2012, but this record is not official by him)
- Kato Masao - 1200 wins reached in 2002 (1254 wins in his career)
- Yoo Changhyuk - 1241 wins as of June 2016
- Lee Sedol - 1201 wins as of June 2016 (reached 1000 on 2012-12-26
- Otake Hideo - 1100 wins reached 2004-07-22 (Otake reached 1200 wins in July 2011, but this record is not official by him)
- Hane Yasumasa - 1100 wins reached 2008-06-19
- Ishida Yoshio - reached 2010-05-20
- Yamashiro Hiroshi - reached 2008-07-07
- O Rissei - reached 2008-02-14
- Takemiya Masaki - reached 2006-02-09
- Sakata Eio - reached 1984-04 (1100 wins 1992-03-12, 1117 wins in his career)
- Hashimoto Shoji - reached 2001-09
- Honda Kunihisa - reached 2007-05
- Yuki Satoshi - reached 2011-04-13
- Yoda Norimoto - reached 2011-07-21
- Kudo Norio - reached 2011-10-06
- Kobayashi Satoru - reached 2011-12-01
- Seo Neung-uk - reached 2012-07-30
- Choi Cheolhan - 1035 wins as of June 2016
- Mok Jinseok - 1014 wins as of June 2016
- Cho Hunhyun - 2500 games reached 2008-08-10 (in the official korean record, Cho reached 2500 games in 2012-04-19)
- Seo Bongsoo - over 2200 games
- Rin Kaiho
- Cho Chikun
- Lee Changho
A complete list of Japanese players over 1,000 wins as of April 2011 is at the Italian blog Go Igo Weiqi Baduk.