3p with 40 wins on 5 March 2021.
She's been married to Son Makoto since 7 July 2022.
|Table of contents|
- Assistant at the NHK Cup in 2015.
- 2 dan in 2017
- In 2018, she was the semi-finalist at the Female Tachiaoi Cup but was defeated by Xie Yimin.
- Personality at NHK Cup since April 2019
- In 2019, she was the semi-finalist at the Tachiaoi Cup but was defeated by Ueno Asami.
- In 2020, she was the finalist and fought against Fujisawa Rina to be the challenger to the Women's Honinbo.
- In 2021, she did manage to become the Women's Honinbo challenger, again facing Rina, this time for the title. Her challenge, though, was unsuccessful.
Her brother Hoshiai Shingo is a Waseda University Go Club alumnus known for winning the All Japan Student Go Best 10? in 2017 (operated by the All Japan Student Go Federation) and the 2014 High School Championship.