- Resides in Chicago, IL and helps run the Lakeview Go Club.
- Learned Go in 2001 by the worst way possible, through Yahoo games.
- Strength is currently 2kyu KGS, 4kyu AGA.
Note: The rating I give each book is not based on how good of a book I think it is, but rather how well I feel the book helped me to improve my play, which, considering my rank, is completely subjective!
- Elementary Go Series (1) - In the Beginning (A-)
- Elementary Go Series (2) - 38 Basic Joseki (C+)
- Elementary Go Series (3) - Life & Death (B)
- Elementary Go Series (4) - Tesuji (B)
- Elementary Go Series (5) - Attack & Defense (B+)
- Elementary Go Series (6) - The Endgame (A-)
- Get Strong at the Opening - Richard Bozulich (A)
- Lessons in the Fundamentals of Go - Kageyama Toshiro (B+)
- How to Play Handicap Go - Yuan Zhou (A)
- Attack and Kill - Kato Masao (B-)
- The Direction of Play - Kajiwara Takeo (B+)
- Reducing Territorial Frameworks - Fujisawa Shuko (D)
- Crosscut Workshop - Richard Hunter (C+)
- Shape Up - Charles Matthews (A)
- The Chinese Opening - Kato Masao (A)
- Positional Judgment High-Speed Game Analysis - Cho Chikun (A)
- No matter how enthusiastic one is about Go, it is not possible to transfer this excitement to others unless the interest originates from that other person.
- When playing a new player on a small board, finish the entire game even if you are ahead by a lot. Assuming your opponent understands the game to be over and messing up a part of the board in order to review the game is a mistake, and can be taken as an offense.
- Don't play rated internet games when tired, drunk, or in a bad mood.
- Always shake hands after the game, it is good class.
Some trick Joseki I've seen:
and are trick plays. is a correct response but if B plays to try and capture the corner then uncovers the trick. The W group in the corner is alive while B is without a base and already pressured.
Looks bleak for W after , but is a mistake. instead should be at b, keeping good shape, surrounding the W group, and W gets less territory than the 3-3 invasion would have produced.
After , B has only one eye in the corner. W will likely extend to somewhere like a, and the other W group will be able to fend for itself. B is forced to run into the center and W will gain the initiative.
There seems to be some disagreement over whether this is really bad for B or not.