Wu Ren Go 3
- /White: tapir 1d, jvloenen 1d, ZeroWave 1k, BobWhoosta 2kish, Abydos1 4k, eozberk 4kyu, JoelR 4k?thanatos13 6k?, Chew 7k, Superdave 8k?, lackita 8k, Saurus 9k, schEkkEr 12k
- /Black: Uberdude 3d, bacteria 3d, fractic 1k, DragonYao 1k, celebrir 1k, JeanHebert? 2k, Andy 4k Region 7-6k, antone 9k, Sec? 10k?, kanzenryu 11k, jasavol1 13k, Pashley 12k?, Reuven ?
Now that this game is done, does anyone of the dans want to review it? ---
- bacteria: Take the corner.
- jvloenen: Get the corner. We continue here.
- Dieter: block and connect.
- jvloenen: We resign. Thank you for playing.
- Uberdude: Alright then, have this in sente...
- jvloenen: Thank you. Finally we return to the other corner.
- bacteria: Cut here.
- jvloenen: Only move (of the only two moves suggested).
- bacteria: Double sente, so get it quickly.
- jvloenen: We had only one suggestion in four weeks of thinking. So finally here it is.
- bacteria: Sente is better than gote
- jvloenen: Ok, we agree.
- bacteria: Only follow-up.
- tapir: Defend.
- bacteria: How do I create another goban for moves 91-100?
- Uberdude: Poke
- jvloenen: Protect our precious territory
- Uberdude: And again please
- jvloenen: Ok, protect again
- Uberdude: Sorry for the delay
- jvloenen: We're tired of answering your moves
- bacteria: Hello. Protect our precious territory
- jvloenen: Welcome to the game bacteria!
- Uberdude: Only move
- jvloenen: It is time to return to this corner.
- Uberdude: Extend
- Tapir: One of us is going to die here.
- Uberdude: Cut
- Tapir: Make feel important.
- Uberdude: Atari the cutting stone!
- Tapir: Extend the cutting stone.
- Uberdude: Ignore the cutting stone
- Tapir: Please go ahead and take some territory
- Uberdude: Thank you, and Merry Christmas
- jvloenen: A happy new year to everyone!
First pic for 2011 http://imgur.com/qtdBS
- Uberdude: Live in the corner
- Tapir: Triple purpose
- Uberdude: Let's destroy each other's potential
- Tapir: Make some new potential instead
- Uberdude: This looks exciting.
- jvloenen: Start looking for new possibilities.
- Uberdude: Extend to not aid your sabaki
- jvloenen: Getting stronger in the center
- Uberdude: Crab pincer!
- jvloenen: Poke the crab.
Uberdude: I will be on holiday 2nd - 11th October.
60 moves http://imgur.com/sgkn7.jpg
- Uberdude: Obvious hane
- jvloenen: A powerful double hane.
- Uberdude: We don't want a ponnuki on the top side.
- jvloenen: We don't mind getting a ponnuki on this side.
- Uberdude: We need conditional moves like on OGS.
- jvloenen: Normal local response.
Uberdude: I (and some other players too perhaps) am going to the EGC for 2 weeks tomorrow so may not be around to play. If I don't appear someone else feel free to take over as captain.
Abydos1: Should we put the game on hold for now then? How many people are actually going? jvloenen said he won't be here for a couple weeks either.
Uberdude: I have returned.
- Uberdude: Connect.
- Abydos1: Connect.
- Uberdude: Extend to create aji.
- Tapir: Crawling ahead.
- Uberdude: Atari
- jvloenen: Connect
- Uberdude: Connect
- jvloenen: Play in the middle of the largest open space.
- Uberdude: Atari on boundary of moyos
- tapir: Connection on boundary of moyos
- Uberdude: Take the corner points.
- jvloenen: Block
- Uberdude: Obvious extension
- tapir: Obvious hane
- Uberdude: Hello. Extend for shape and to develop influence.
- jvloenen: Welcome. And we like to have your cutting stone.
- Uberdude: Extend from our wall to develop moyo
- jvloenen: Invade
- Uberdude: Pincer attack
- jvloenen: Getting out
- Uberdude: There is death in the hane
- jvloenen: Please, have mercy
- Uberdude: for now...
- jvloenen: So we better make eyes fast
- isd: nobi train
- jvloenen: Jump.
- isd: nobi train
- tapir: use public transport when available!
- isd: nobi train (My team think i'm playing this because it's a good move, but actually I'm just trying to nobi across the board.)
- tapir: hane at the head of the train
- isd: Why doesn't my team have another captain :'(
- jvloenen: How strong is your nobi train driver? You don't need him anymore.
- isd: we pass.
- jvloenen: You passed at K16? A little schizophrenic eh?
20 moves http://imgur.com/RdGtk.jpg
- isd: Well we had to start somewhere...
- tapir: Flexible answer, looking forward to
- isd: art class
- jvloenen: Last corner.
- isd: Don't know how to describe this one
- jvloenen: A normal quiet response.
- isd: like a swan floating on a smooth lake.
- celebrir: Wait a moment, at our subpage he choosed J4 so I'm not sure which one he wanted, but I guess it should be J4
- isd: misclicked! there, adjusted it.
- jvloenen: Misclicked in a text-editor? The black team isn't panicking I hope?
- Pressing down on the poor white stone
- tapir: A normal quiet response.
The fun begins again http://imgur.com/liqdM.jpg
Andy: Maybe it's not too early for some analysis...?
and have been bothering me since they were played, but I've struggled to articulate why. They seem to make a kind of sense: white is looking for some sabaki, so black plays solidly to deny white these possibilities.
The correct answer is for Black to play the keima of . This is the vital point for both players. Now there is no way for White to make sabaki or to escape. The sequence to shows one variation.
If Black descends with , becomes kikashi and White immediately jumps to . Black will not be able to capture these White stones and so Black's wall is rendered useless. The lesson that should be learned from this example is that when one is strong in one part of the board, he should not become embroiled in a fight because his opponent will easily be able to make sabaki. In Correct, Black hit White's vital point of sabaki before he could execute his kikashi. Black, however, was able to do this because of his stable formation in this part of the board which rendered White's subsequent kikashi useless.
Andy: So now I think I can articulate my misgivings over and . By playing solidly this way within his sphere of influence, both and become kikashi and Black has been forced. I don't have any better moves to suggest for Black, but I feel better now being able to describe explicitly what only felt vaguely problematic before.
Any other comments or suggestions?