A corner approach is a move played as an approach to a single opposing stone in the corner. here is such a move.
The Japanese go term that describes a corner approach is kakari, and is adopted by the English-speaking go community.
Some people prefer the term “approach move”, but that is also used to describe an extra move needed when attacking a group.
- One space low approach = keima kakari
- One space high approach = ikken takagakari
- Two space low approach = ogeima gakari
- Two space high approach = niken takagakari
- Skirt approach = Susogakari
- Double corner approach = ryo gakari
- Corner enclosure = Shimari
- Approach from the wider side
- How to respond to an approach