The Endgame - the book
The Endgame is an English go book about endgame theory written by Tomoko Ogawa and James Davies, published by Ishi Press in 1976, and republished by Kiseido in 2000 as Volume Six of the Elementary Go Series.
- Chapter 1: Introducing the Endgame
- Chapter 2: Counting
- Explains how to calculate the deiri value (difference in results of Black and White moves) of moving in a position.
- Explains (double) gote, sente, reverse sente and double sente.
- Contains nine problems which require the reader to evaluate three positions and find the correct order in which to play in them.
- Chapter 3: Endgame Tesuji
- Tesuji for defending and extending territory, hitting under, first-line techniques, placement, squeezing, monkey jump and when something else is better, defending at the edge, setting up a follow-up, taking sente, sacrificing, wedging, the best way to capture, dual-purpose moves, invasions, attacking eye-shape, miscellaneous, ¿cut/clamp/hane?, ¿hane/descend?.
- Chapter 4: The Macroendgame
- Chapter 5: Games
to be added