The Endgame - the book
The Endgame is an English go book about endgame theory written by Tomoko Ogawa and James Davies, published by Ishi Press in 1976, and republished by Kiseido in 2000 as Volume Six of the Elementary Go Series.
David Carlton's review
Robert Jasiek's review
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Introducing the Endgame
- The endgame is introduced with a 36-page commentary on a 262-move game between Ogawa and Haruo Kamimura from the 1971 Oteai.
- Chapter 2: Counting
- Chapter 3: Endgame Tesuji
- Chapter 4: The Macroendgame
- Chapter 5: Games
- 26 pages – with an emphasis on endgame tesuji – on a 4-stone game between Ogawa and Minoru Kitani while she was studying to become a professional.
- 23 pages – with an emphasis on priority of plays – on a game between Ogawa and Yutaka Onu? 4-dan from the preliminary rounds of the Meijin Tournament.
to be added