Southern Great Wall Cup
(2003:南方长城围棋邀请赛, 2005-:世界围棋巅峰对决) This Cup, held every other year, is decided by a summit match between a Korean and a Chinese representative. Time limits are 50 minutes a side. Prize money in 2005 was US$ 30000 (and keep rising).
The 2005 summit match between Chang Hao and Lee Changho ended in no result due to a quadruple ko. Postgame analysis showed that Lee Changho could have filled in one of the kos and still won by 2.5 points, but both players were under time pressure and had less than a minute left to play.
Complete record of this "Castle Game" is:
- 2003: Cho Hunhyun 9 dan W+10.5 Chang Hao 9 dan (236 moves)
- 2005: Lee Changho 9 dan and Chang Hao 9 dan (369 moves) 4 Ko
- 2007: Luo Xihe W+R Lee Sedol 9 dan (206 moves)
- 2009: Lee Sedol 9 dan B+5.5 Gu Li (304 moves)
- 2011: Choi Cheolhan 9 dan B+2.5 Kong Jie 9 dan (280 moves)
- 2013: Chen Yaoye W+14.5 Park Junghwan 9 dan (298 moves)
- 2015: Kim Jiseok beat Tang Weixing
- 2017: Chen Yaoye beat Park Junghwan
Korean link on cyberoro site to 2013 edition
In 2019, the format was expanded to 8 invited players from 3 countries (Japan added), single elimination tournament. The finalists were two Chinese players:
- 2019: Tuo Jiaxi beat Jiang Weijie.