Southern Great Wall Cup
This Cup is decided by a summit match between a Korean and a Chinese representative. Time limits are 50 minutes a side. Prize money in 2005 was US$ 30000.
The 2005 summit match between Chang Hao and Lee Changho ended in no result due to a quadruple ko. Postgame analysis showed that Lee Changho could have filled in one of the kos and still won by 2.5 points, but both players were under time pressure and had less than a minute left to play.
Complete record of this "Castle Game" is:
- 2003: Cho Hunhyun 9 dan W+10.5 Chang Hao 9 dan (236 moves)
- 2005: Lee Changho 9 dan and Chang Hao 9 dan (369 moves) 4 Ko
- 2007: Luo Xihe W+R Lee Sedol 9 dan (206 moves)
- 2009: Lee Sedol 9 dan B+5.5 Gu Li (304 moves)
- 2011: Choi Cheolhan 9 dan B+2.5 Kong Jie 9 dan (280 moves)
- 2013: Chen Yaoye W+14.5 Park Junghwan 9 dan (298 moves)
Korean link on cyberoro site to 2013 edition