How To Use Wiki (version 27)
"Wiki wiki" means "quick" in Hawai'ian.
All you really need to know is:
- To edit any page click on the [ Edit page] link to the left. You should do that right now, and read the source code of this page. It will make more sense.
- You can separate paragraphs with an extra blank line. Example:
I am a paragraph. Call me paragraph no. 1
I am a paragraph too. We're just very small paragraphs. We will become huge, indomitable, sumo-wrestling paragraphs! --(MFM)
- You get italics by surrounding words with two single quotes on either side like this.
- You get bold text by using two underscores on either side.
- You get bullets by using an asterisk * in the first column
- To have plain monospaced font, indent with a space:
this is a poem about monospacing nothing rhymes with poem nothing rhymes with monospacing
- You can get horizontal rules with four or more dashes like this:
- To create hyperlinks you just capitalize the words and string them together. Let's say you want to create a page about how Arno likes cookies. All you have to do is capitalize each word and string them together like this: ArnoLikesCookies?. If the page does not exist yet a question mark appears after the link, inviting you to create the page: ThisPageShouldNotExist?. (And please don't ruin the example by creating one.)
- To link to pages outside the Wiki, you can just type in the URL and Wiki will link it for you: http://gtl.jeudgo.org/
- Now you are ready to begin AddingPages.
In order to create diagrams for discussing positions, moves etc. have a look at HowDiagramsWork.
Try it out in the SandBox now!
A WikiWikiWeb is meant to be fast and easy to edit. It has very simple markup that you can read about in TextFormattingRules.