Fujiwara Akiko is a well-known Japanese amateur Go player who is a former Insei at Nihon Ki-in and alumna of the Waseda University Go Club, a Japanese private university go club where Aragaki Miki, Shimosaka Miori and Aoba Kaori graduated. She has many records in various tournaments.
- 2014 and 2015: Female Amateur Champion ( News release, Game records of semi-final and final in 2015)
- 2015: Tokyo area representative at the All Japan Students Go Best 10, which is a tournament not only for undergraduate students but also for high school and graduate students ( Tournament result by the Kanto Student Go Association). She was also placed third in the High School Championship ( Result announcement). She was a student at Shinjuku-Yamabuki High School (Tsuji Hana also graduated from here).
- 2016-2018: Champion at the Female Student Honinbo ( Waseda Weekly, Asahi Shinbun). She is the third player to win this championship three times.
- 2017 and 2018: Represented Japan at the World Students Go Oza Championship.
- 2016 and 2018: Top 8 players at the Female Amateur Championship, note that Oshima Reina was the champion in 2016.
- 2019: Finalist at the All Japan Female Amateur Championship ( Result announcement) and the Female Student Honinbo ( Mainichi Shinbun)
- 2020: Invited to the Kanto Student Pair Go Games, which was limited to regional top players due to COVID-19. She also represented Japan at the UKAI Cup World Women Amateur Go Championship (ranked in 3rd place).