Hinoki Press (檜) was originally a US based, go book publisher. Its founder was Chris Greene, who transfered ownership to GoGameGuru shortly before his death. See obituary
- Thoughts from Robert J. Terry about Hinoki Press.
- It appears that the publisher does not have a website as of October 2010. (It now does, as of mid-2013.)
- Zengarden Happily, Hinoki are still publishing and recently publised two new books, based on articles that appeared in Kido, the Japanese Go magazine. "The best of Kido:the ins and outs of life and death" (Hinoki H14) which contains 150 problems by Maeda, Fujisawa and Hashimoto Utaro. I am reading the book and it is excellent as well as challenging. There is also "The best of Kido: the art of positional analysis" (Hinoki H 13). I have not (yet) bought a copy but it is a collection of games commented on in Kido, from the series "learn from the artistry of professionals" by Kobayashi Koichi, Intensive game analysis by Takemiya Masaki, and a few games from the 11th Kisei.
- DrStraw: Does anyone know anything about this publisher? Their books give an address in Illinois, so I assume it is run by Americans. Who is involved? The address given is apparently an apartment building.
- Devildope: The publisher (i believe he is the publisher) is Chris Greene, he and i have been playing go frequently for the last year. I don't believe that he lives in an apartment building. we meet on tuesdays at the College of Lake County around 4:00 pm CST. His e-mail address is email@example.com if you wish to contact him about the books. hope this helps. :-) p.s. and yes he is american.
- LukeNine45: If you want to know more, drop me a message...