The Hankuk Kiwon (Hangul: 한국기원, RR: Hanguk Kiwon, M-R: Hankuk Kiwŏn, also written Hangook Kiwon or Hanguk Kiweon) is the Korean Baduk Association (KBA). It was founded on January 28th, 1954.
Recently, the Hankuk Kiwon started a promotion campaign to spread baduk beyond the Korean borders. They make serious efforts to teach the world about their organization and its achievements, taking advantage of the momentum, generated by the top Korean players, who have been dominating the international go scene. Among others, the Hankuk Kiwon has published a guidebook, featuring the Korean version of the rules, Korean go terms explained, an overview of titles and titleholders, an overview of the officials and professional players, and a few briefly commented games.
There's a bit more information available on the BGA website at http://www.britgo.org/general/itd/4.html#hankuk .
The address is 315 Honik-Dong Seongdong-Gu Seoul. It is located on the opposite side of the former police hospital.
The subway station is Sangwangshimni (green line). If you say to taxi driver "왕십리 구 경찰병원 맞은편"
- Hankuk Kiwon Web Site (in Korean)
- English section to Korea Baduk Association site or http://english.baduk.or.kr/
- Hankuk Kiwon Pro Ratings
- Professional Rank Histograms
- Professional Go Associations
- Korean Amateur Baduk Association
- Korean Baduk Academy Association (dead link?)
- Korean Women's Baduk Association