I am trying to keep a checklist of things I am working on. This isn't necessarily a recommended checklist for other people as much as a list of what I feel are my own weaknesses. I'll adjust these as I feel I have fixed certain things or discover new weaknesses.
- Play near the weakest group.
- Read at least five moves ahead before playing--don't play on impulse.
- Watch for shortage of liberties.
- Protect cutting points efficiently.
- Play lightly (consider sacrifice).
- Remember the basics of capturing stones (nets, ladders, loose ladders, snapback, connect and die, double atari).
- Play away from strength.
- Play double sente as quickly as possible.
- Consider tenuki--don't respond unless the move is `actually` forcing.