Hyperpapeterie / Up And Coming Japanese Players
Put young promising players here. You can add your own suggestions. Rough and ready cutoff is 25, older players should have more accomplishments, and the list is totally subjective.
- Uchida Shuhei (b. September 8, 1989) -- consistently promoted by prize winnings each year, Shinjin O in 2008, won entry to the Meijin league in 2011.
- Suzuki Shinji (b. November 3, 1990) -- one win away from the Honinbo league in 2010, 21 wins that year.
- Shida Tatsuya (b. Dec 12th, 1990) -- no single result, but has gone far in several preliminaries, 29 wins in 2011, 24 wins in 2010, 32 wins in 2009. Just hit 5 dan in 2012.
- Murakawa Daisuke (b. Dec 14th, 1990) -- seems the clear second best so far in this generation
- Ida Atsushi (b. 1994) -- Good records in three years as a pro, made it through the 4th BC Card Cup preliminaries, beat Peng Quan in the round of 64. Entered the Honinbo league and gained a promotion to 7 dan. Challenging Iyama Yuta for the 69th Honinbo.
- Tsuruta Kazushi (b. May 14, 1995) -- made the main tournament of the Gosei in 2011.
- Yu Zhengqi (b. June 19, 1995) -- Taiwanese 1p in 2005, one game away from the Gosei tournament in 2011. Now 7 dan, after entering the Honinbo league.
- Ichiriki Ryo (b. 1997) -- top placed insei in 2010, record for 2011 23:8, younger than everyone else on this list, qualified for the Kisei league in 2014 at age 16, as the youngest ever.
- Kyo Kagen (b Dec 24, 1997). 2 dan, runner-up in the Globis Cup, 31 wins through June in 2014.
Suggestions: Yao Zhiteng, Fujita Akihiko, Kanazawa Makoto, Son Makoto, Fujimura Yosuke.