Keywords: Books & Publications
Gokyo Seimyo (碁經精妙 Gokyō Seimyō, Best of the Go Classics) is a classic, 4-volume series written by Hayashi Genbi in 1835. He intended it as a sequel to Gokyo Shumyo.
- Vol. 1 - 197 joseki diagrams
- Vol. 2 - 48 invasion diagrams and 104 endgame diagrams
- Vol. 3 - 143 problems including 44 titled "tesuji inside territories" (界中生手)
- Vol. 3 problems available in the Gokyo Seimyo Tsumego Series on Sensei's Library.
- Vol. 4 - 21 Chinese games of famous Qing dynasty players (and one game between Japanese and Ryukyuan players)
The original volumes may be viewed online at Waseda University.
1906 edition may be viewed at the Japanese National Diet Library here.