European Go Federation
The purpose of the EGF is to encourage, regulate, co-ordinate, and disseminate the playing of Go in Europe. The EGF is a non-profit organization, has no political purpose, and is interested only in the promotion of Go.
In accordance with this purpose, the specific objects shall be as follows:
- To establish guidelines for tournaments and championships.
- To establish guidelines on gradings and rankings of players in Europe
- To ensure that a European Championship is organised each year
- To represent the interests of European Go both inside and outside of Europe
- To take such other action as may be expedient to further the main purpose of the EGF.
The EGF is a democratic organisation which is governed by an elected executive. The executive consists of 1 President, up to 3 Vice-Presidents, a Treasurer, a Secretary, and Executive Officers. These are all elected at the AGM which takes place during the European Go Congress.
As of August 2014 it has 2 commissions
- Appeals Commission
- Tournament and Rules Commission
A list of member federations can be found on the EGF website here
There is an EGF forum where you can register to discuss matters related to Go in Europe.
The Europe-wide rating list of all players appearing in European tournaments is available at the European Go Database link both as dry and exact tables or with bells and whistles (GOR graph, Player comparison, Tournament/Player/Game search, ratings calculator)
In January 2003, the EGF collated European go-related news into the electronic Go European News newsletter. But this no longer exists.