European Professional System
The EGF created a European Professional System (EPS) in 2014, the constitution of which can be read here Its aims are as follows:
- To support strong players becoming even stronger by enabling them to concentrate themselves mainly on Go. That especially includes helping strong players with participation in high quality studying programs, and working on arrangements for top quality tournaments based on professional standards.
- To establish a professional background for EPS which includes not only direct management of EPS, but also Go promotional, educational and marketing activities around Europe.
It is governed by the EGF Professional Committee, which consists of representatives of the European professional players and of the EGF.
As of July 2017, there are six European professional players belonging to this system
- Ali Jabarin 1p (2014 qualification)
- Pavol Lisy 1p (2014 qualification)
- Mateusz Surma 1p (2015 qualification)
- Ilya Shikshin 2p (2015 qualification, 2p in 2018)
- Artem Kachanovskyi 1p (2016 qualification)
- Andrii Kravets 1p (2017 qualification)