New Life & Death Brilliant Stratagems (新案詰碁死活妙機) is a classic problem book by Honinbo Shusai in 1910. The original contains 120-problems with problem variations. Newer versions add the problem variations to the original set, bringing the total up to 168-problems, and divide the book into four thematic sections. The intended audience is 5d and above, with a difficulty slightly below that of the Igo Hatsuyoron.
Latest Japanese edition published by Sankaido (2004): ISBN 978-4381079770
- Killing (73-problems)
- Living (44-problems)
- Ko (38-problems)
- Capturing Races (13-problems)
- Life and Death Brilliant Stratagems (死活妙機); (no ISBN); (Taiwanese).
- (Photo) Weiqi Life and Death Brilliant Stratagems (围棋死活妙机) (2008); 344-pages; ISBN: 978-7-80705-833-5; published by Chengdu Shidai Publishing; (Chinese).
- Wonders of Life & Death: Honinbo Shusai's Tsumego Classic (2014); published by SmartGo Books; (English).
- A Photocopy of the original book may be viewed online at the Japanese National Diet Library here.