This is a page for problems that are no "typical" go problems.
- wms's Dame-Seki Challenge
- Be the first to find a seki that breaks KGS's algorithm - or prove that there is no solution. (Purely a Go question - does not require knowledge of KGS or computer algorithms.)
- Maximum Number Of Live Groups
- How many live groups can there be on a go board?
- Entire Board Territory Problem
- How many stones does it take to claim the entire board?
- Number of Possible Outcomes of a Game
- Actually means different board positions not different results such as w+0.5
- Number of Possible Go Games
- Same as above???
- Snow White In The Dark Woods
- A connection problem.
- Rules Disputes: a collection of disputed outcomes of a game
- 3x4 Problems: small boards set surprising challenges
- Worst Move Problems: Play the worst possible move
- Retrograde Analysis: Reconstruct the problem from the solution
- Retractor Problems: Take back a move
- Three Liberties Go Problems: Exercises on this go variant
- Construction Problems: Problems where you must construct a certain shape or position, which departs from the game's nature.