Go Game Guru
Go Game Guru (2010-2018) was a website dedicated to promoting go through articles, videos, teaching materials and go merchandise. During 2013 to 2016, they acted as a go distributor and book publisher. Over the years the content included: news, interviews, professional game reviews, study material, Baduk TV streaming, and other resources. In 2014, it co-released the glift module for the improved display/use of commented games and online articles.
The website was maintained by An Younggil 8p and David Ormerod 5d, with news reports by Jingning Xue? (David's wife) and support from additional persons. Founded in August 2010, within a few years it opened an online go store called the Go Game Shop and formed a partnership with Baduk TV to stream and translate content (primarily for western audiences). In December 2016, the store and BadukTV offerings closed and the website stopped posting new updates. One of several popular features of the website was David Ormerod's Learn Go the Easy Way, a series of interactive, introductory go articles.
In August 2018, the website failed to renew its domain and allowed it to lapse, after which, it was taken over by spammers. In late 2019, the website began carrying limited Indonesian-written go content; and as of January 2020, there are four Indonesian introductory go articles. Although the current website appears to have no connection with the original owners, it reuses many images created by the latter, such as a cover photo of Relentless.
- Last useful copy of original website at the Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20180807220401/https://gogameguru.com/
- First useless copy after spammer acquisition at the Wayback Machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20180824205857/http://www.gogameguru.com:80/
- Go Problems (click on a diagram to go to the problems for a week) - https://web.archive.org/web/20170630183412/https://gogameguru.com/get-better-at-go/go-problems/
- Archived go problems on GitHub: https://github.com/gogameguru/go-problems
- Partially archived commented games on GitHub: https://github.com/gogameguru/commented-go-games