Eric Lui is an American 1-dan professional player. Having played go his whole life, he was never meant to be one step down from the podium. He has been one of the strongest amateur go players at a young age. Throughout his career, he swept many tournaments on the East Coast. Despite a disappointing finish in the 2009 WAGC, he was determined to overcome his challenges. His hard work eventually paid off, eventually placing 3rd in the 2011 WAGC plowing through many strong contenders including Taiwan along the way. Eric attended a private university in the American state of Maryland. In January 2016, Eric achieved professional status in the AGA pro qualifier.
- First in 2015-2016 AGA pro qualifier, earning pro status
- US rep for the 2011 WAGC, placing 3rd with 6 wins, the highest-ever US finish.
- 2nd in the 2010 North American Ing Masters Tournament.
- US rep for the 2009 WAGC, placing 15th.
- First in FENG YUN OPEN on June 16th, 2007
- US rep for 2006 Korean Prime Minister's Cup