To play Go one needs:
- a board (Goban in Japanese), preferably a 19x19 board
- Go stones, 181 black and 180 white for some rulesets
- two bowls for the stones (Go-ke).
With this equipment, one is not limited to just Go - see other games that can be played using Go equipment.
- Caring for your equipment
- Go terms used for Go equipment
- equipment dimensions
- buying equipment
- making your own equipment
- Travel Go Boards
"The round lid is like the sky and the board the land.
The world is in black and white fighting over glory and name."
- -- from a Chinese poem by Luo Guanzhong,
14th century author of Romance of Three Kingdoms