Celebrity Wannabe Go Players
This page was inspired by the Celebrity Go Players list.
I am now shamelessly stealing it :) MarkD
A list of people who became famous or known for achievements or activities not related to Go, but who will never maintain a current interest in Go or have never played Go.
Please add actors, artists, authors, philosophers, politicians, scientists, war lords, etc.
- George W. Bush... because he is very good at invasions and likes to take away liberties
- John Kerry... because he leaves miai in his positions.
- Jesus Christ... because he died and yet won
- Mohammed Ali... because he made plenty of ko-threats
- Natalie Portman... because she has two beautiful eyes
- The Rolling Stones... because this group already seemed to be dead and recovered
- Saddam Hussein... because he can create lots of threats, but when you invade his territory all that just disappears
- Mohandas Ghandi... because he never fought yet still neutralized invasions
- Dick Cheney... because all his invasions manage to escape (to an undisclosed location)
- Jedi Master Yoda... because he plays light
- Jack Bauer... because in 5 games, his kill count surpassed 93.
- Napoleon Bonaparte... Because his life reads like a Go game: After his unreasonable invasion, even breaking out couldn't prevent his eventual capture and death.
- Hannibal Lecter... Who enjoys cutting furiously, complicating the situation and making good his escape.
Funkybside: Good stuff :0)
Please feel free to add more.
ProtoDeuteric: I don't like that this page is politically charged, but it is pretty funny, so I'll have to place my sense of humor ahead of my policies this time. Good show, I say!
- "Politically Charged"? You mean there is a tax on SL pages now? DrStraw
- HAHAHA --Proto
kevinwm: Don't forget
- OJ Simpson... cuts whenever he gets the chance.
- Hannibal Lecter... also loves to eat living stones.
- Stevie Wonder... Master of false eyes. (Has them, but they don't work.)
- Mr. Potato Head... the consummate Go player!
jergarmar: I thought for sure someone would mention this one:
- Sammy Davis Jr... spent a long time stuck with a false eye
Don't forget Ben "Bugsy" Siegel- He died when he lost an eye.