Wu Ren Go 2 / Rules
The following rules apply to the ongoing Wu Ren Go 2. For reference see Wu Ren Go 1/Rules
Game Rule Set
- Two teams alternate play.
- Each team consists of captains and soldiers.
- Team members are not allowed to switch teams.
- A team member is a captain when his or her declared rank is higher than or equal to the captain bar.
- A team member is a soldier if his or her declared rank is below the captain bar.
- The captain bar is set at 1d.
- This bar should of course be flexible to maintain a reasonable ratio.
- A play consists of two consecutive phases, first the suggestion phase and then the move phase.
- During the suggestion phase each soldier can make at most one suggestion for a move, (i.e a board coordinate or a pass). As soon as enough soldiers have made a suggestion the suggestion phase ends and the move phase begins. The suggestion phase can be interrupted by a team captain, he can immediately advance to the move phase.
- During the move phase a team captain choses one of the suggestions made in the last suggestion phase and plays that move.
- To clarify: Captains cannot make their own suggestions.
- A captain should move as soon as possible and preferably within a week after the first suggestion.
- A player that wants to enter the game should recognize the balance of strength in both teams and chose his team appropriately.
- Just as a side note, it was decided in WuRenGo 1 that, as this is a teaching exercise, teams ARE allowed to read each other's suggestion pages, so please keep this in mind.
- Fwiffo: Before jumping in and reading the other team's page, has this been officially decided for this round? It's been mentioned on WuRenGo2/Discussion but so far I'm the only person to express a preference one way or the other (and I was against).