The Theory and Practice of GO
Keywords: Culture & History, Books & Publications
The Theory & Practice of GO is an English translation of Oscar Korschelt's 1880 work published in "Das Go Spiel". Translation by Samuel P. King and George G. Leckie. Includes numerous diagrams from Honinbo Shuho's Hoen Shinpo. Korschelt replaced Shuho commentaries with his own.
Table of Contents
- Editors' Preface · vii
- I The Game of Go · 3
- II The History of Go · 9
- III The Rules of Play · 26
- IV Illustrative Games · 45
- V Problems · 115
- VI End Plays · 165
- VII Murase Shuho's Theory of Openings · 184
- Extrinsic Notes · 263
- See an example from Shuho's Opening Theory.
- See Korschelt's size-21 Game.