Loss on time
- Common clock rules – An attempt to unify rules for clocks for all tournaments.
- Time management – A review of the skills demanded by playing to time limits.
- Time systems – An overview of time in various rule sets.
- Time tesuji – A move to avoid losing on time.
- Time-stealing tesuji – Play that forces the opponent to use more time than otherwise necessary with the intention of inducing a mistake or loss on time.
- Wasting time in a lost game – A strategy that can use various tactics to cause an opponent to lose on time when the opposing player has already lost on the board.
- Section Time seki (on page Seki) – When neither player has time to capture.