Hactar Go is go program for Android. Currently it is available from Google Play.
Somewhat limited Free version (server provided services as subscriptions) is also available. This is very good for beginners.
Currently Hactar Go is localized to English, Finnish, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Turkish and Korea. If you want to have your own language, please create one!
Hactar does multiple things:
- Play go in 9x9, 13x13 and 19x19 boards. (Lite 9x9 games)
- About 5 dan at 9x9 and 3dan in 19x19 (pachi -based engine)
- Pro -level engine at 19x19 as additional subscription service (or fixed-time purchase). Engine is based on katago.
- Play capture go, and capture 3 stones (and capture 5 unlocked later when all capture 3 levels are won).
- Continue game after interruption.
- Review played games.
- Over 400 problems, including correct answer and multiple wrong variations.
- Random color and rotation for problems.
- Easily add own tsumego collections, supports all common formats (VW, TR, BM, RIGHT&WRONG). Just few touches to download over 400 gogameguru.com problems!
- Optionally disable color randomization and rotation for added tsumego collections.
- Widget to show current problem in homescreen.
- List most recent professional games.
- Search games based on position or player.
- Search games stored in device.
- Search games from internet. Search covers over 90000 pro games and over 110000 amateur games. (Very small database in lite)
Sgf Viewer / editor
- View and edit SGF files. Opens files directly from browser.
- Multiple game list formats. Preview when opening files from SD card.
- View UGI and GIB formats and convert them to SGF.
- Supports all normal SGF features.
- Score estimator to estimate / count score.
Most recent Hactar version works on Android 7.1 and later. Does not contain add, does not collect private information.