The term “ambiguous” is itself ambiguous; it may refer to:
- something on the boundary between sente and gote:
- (this may refer to sente/gote in a theoretical or practical sense)
- an ambiguous move, exchange or sequence;
- an ambiguous position, game or endgame, balanced between sente and gote for one of two reasons:
- an ambiguous ko, a special case of an ambiguous position;
- a term such as “ambiguous” or “sente” used in more than one sense.
N.B. As of 2019-02-10, references to the pages and aliases Ambiguous, Ambiguous Position, AmbiguousPositions, AmbiguousMove, AmbiguousPlay, AmbiguousPlays have been checked and where desirable redirected to the appropriate page (perhaps via an alias).