"When you study joseki, you lose two stones in strength -- anonymous"
|Table of contents||Table of diagrams
Alive, Unsettled, Dead
Six Die, Seven Unsettled, Eight Live
Cho Chikun #42
- Lessons in The Fundamentals Of Go - Toshiro Kageyama, 7d
- Life and Death - James Davies
- Cho Chikun's Encyclopedia of Life and Death
- Guo Juan's Audio Lessons
- Play Play Play - KGS
I am currently completing 50-100 games against like opponents with a simple strategy of Cut when I can Cut, Connect When I Can Connect. When catching stones, ask if I can catch it in a ladder or catch it in a net? This advice for beginners from "Lessons.." above.
These are the building blocks - The Fundamentals - of Go.
- a - Unsettled Three
- b,c - Alive
- d - Unsettled (Rabbity Six)
- e,f - Alive
- g - Unsettled (Five-Space Star)
- h,i/j,k - Dead (Square Four)
- l - Unsettled (Pyramid Four)
- m - Unsettled (Bulky Five)