Go Reader for True 5 Dan Books
I have noticed that quite a few strong players here take the pain to import Asian books from overseas. So here are a few more. It's a series of 7 books for 5 dan players:
- Considering Kikashi (キカシを考える,ISBN: 4416700261)
- Counter-measures To Big Moyo (大模様対策, ISBN: 441679956X)
- Playing Thickly (厚く打つ, ISBN: 441670142X).
JF provided insights, kifu and more in this rec.go.games thread (google archive).
- Getting Strong In The Corner (隅に強くなる,ISBN: 4416701411)
- How to Start Fights (戦いの仕掛け方, ISBN: 4416702388)
- The Tenacity of Ko (コウのねばり,ISBN: 4416701152)
- Counter-measures To Reading-Only Plays (悪力対策 ISBN: 4416700288)
They are all authored(?) by the Editorial Commitee of the Japanese magazine Igo, priced ￥1890 for about 220 pages, 21 x 15 cm. Published between 1999 and 2002.
You may view them at the following Amazon Japan page. I've listed the books in the order Amazon lists them: it may very well not be the order within the series.
 I am not competent at all to translate the titles; it's just to give an idea of the topics.
NN: If I remember correctly, it was more written about book 'Getting Strong In The Corner' (but maybe someone deleted it). Can anyone who has this book or had a chance to look at it write more info? I assume (and kind of remember from that post that disappeared) that knowledge of Japanese is not necessary to get a lot from this book. Anyone can provide more info? Thanks a lot in advance.
Hyperpapeterie: There's some discussion in the discussion/talk/forum page (I don't know what to call it) where BobMcGuigan expresses roughly the sentiment you describe about the corner book. Is that what you were thinking of?