Four questions for everyone
- 1.Do you have a weak group?
- If yes, reinforce it.
- 2.Does your opponent have a weak group?
- If yes, plan to attack it.
- 3.Can you make a big territorial move?
- If yes, do it.
- 4.Could your opponent make a big territorial move or does s/he have a big territory?
- Try to prevent, destroy or reduce it with appropriate measures.
Go through these questions in that order 1-2-3-4!
(NB: The idea for this 4 questions comes from Gerald Westhoff, 6 dan (EUR). He deserves much credit for constantly teaching children classes and other beginners)
Bonobo: Thanks for these!
Gerald once visited me and explained these questions to me, later I made this flowchart to give to the kids in the local school’s “Go Workshop” that I instructed.