- Please contact me at "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Or meet me at The Triad Area Go Club.
- The three triad cities are Winston-Salem, Greensborough, and High Point.
- Nickname: dj
- Residence: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- KGS Account Names: DeaconJohn, djWarmUp, djCoolDown, dj5to15
- Am indeed a deacon in the ACNA, the Anglican Church in North America
- Have 8 grandchildren.
- Interests: soccer, go, network security, languages and linguistics, quantum physics, math
- Member of Les Blues
- 1946: born
- 1962: 35k
- 1967: married
- 1969: masters in mathematics from NYU, Greenwich Village, New York
- 1972: PhD in mathematics from LSU Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- 1973: math professor at UofR, Rochester, New York
- 1979: moved to Fairfax, Virginia.
- 1985: 1d aga
- 2004: ordained as an anglo-catholic deacon
- 2005: traumatic brain injury (sports accident)
- 2008: ~11k kgs
- 2008: moved to Winston-Salem, North Carolina
- 2009: 8k kgs
- 2010: 7k kgs
Play regularly on the KGS server. Am often in the KTL or the EGR.
Do a lot of KGS help page editing.
My KGS "user information" page has a picture of me and other miscellaneous information.
As a deacon: ordained by Bishop Randolf Sly in 1986
- fellowship with the poor in inner city Washington D.C.
- visit the sick
- perform weddings, funerals, services
- chaplain at DC General Hospital and at the VA
- visit the sick
- assistant Pastor
- deliver sermons
- emissary from the Cathedral to rural congregations
- counseling parishioners
- deacons (qua deacons) are neither professional nor amateur. the deaconate is a calling.
As a theologian: amateur, trained in seminary, private tutoring, and personal study
- teacher in Shepherd's Heart Bible college
- competent in Greek, knowledgeable in Hebrew
Areas of special interest in theology:
- prayer and fasting
- textual criticism
- Eastern Orthodox theology
- early church history
- love and tenderness in marriage
As a mathematician: professional, amateur, PhD.
- Research scientist at MIT Research Engineering Corporation (MITRE) in the Communications Network Engineering & Analysis Department.
- Assistant Professor of Mathematics at the University of Rochester, Rochester, New York
- Post Doc in the Chemistry Department of Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana
- PhD in mathematical physics from Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- Graduate work at Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences, NY, NY
- Five publications in professional journals and conference proceedings
- Patent: A TCAS III cockpit radar system used by General Aviation Aircraft to detect the presence of other aircraft.
Areas of special interst in mathematics:
- Pure Mathmatics: Hilbert space theory, C* and W* algebras, functional analysis, real and complex analysis, algebraic and differential topology, algebraic geometry, modal logic.
- Applied Mathmatics: Hilbert space theory, Galois theory, Ito integral calculus, Bayesian probability theory and statistics, artificial intelligence, data mining, signal processing, decision theory, radio frequency (RF) engineering, communication satellites, communication network engineering, network security, cryptograpy, quantum cryptology, social network theory, computational linguistics, orbit mechanics, quantum reality, quantum chemistry, quantum field theory, string theory, modal logic.
- a little known goldmine of information: http://www.weiqiok.com/asp/English.asp
- ckg's, dsaun, jyem's, Salutation and my DeaconJohn kgs "user information" pages
- Salutation has greetings and farewells for go games in many languages.
- KGS Site Map (an index into ALL the kgs help pages): https://www.gokgs.com/help/siteMap.html