Turkish Go Players' Association
Turkish Go Players' Association (Türkiye Go Oyunculari Dernegi, TGOD; in Turkish) is the principal organizing body for Go in Turkey. The Association was founded in 1995 with the leadership of Alpar Kilinc.
|Table of contents|
Turkish players are meeting in five main cities in Turkey; Ankara, Istanbul, Bursa, Izmir and Eskisehir.
Several tournaments, workshops, and similar activities has been organized by TGOD every year. The Association also conduct a tournament system in Turkey. The players compete to get some points in the main tournaments to be able to join the play-off tournament organized to determine the participant of the World Amateur Go Championship as Turkish representative.
The major tournaments in Turkey are;
- Turkish Play-offs of the previous year (February)
- Hacettepe Go Tournament (March)
- Turkish Go Championship (May)
- Bursa Go Tournament (June)
- Izmir Go Tournament (July)
- International Istanbul Go Tournament (September)
- Eskisehir Go Tournament (November)
- Alpar Kilinç Memorial Go Tournament (December)