Taohua Quan Yipu
Taohua Quan Yipu (桃花泉弈譜, Go Book of Peach Blossom Spring) was written by Fan Xiping (范西屏) and published in 1764. In this masterpiece, Fan summarizes his unique findings from his lifelong research with an exposition of 20 basic positions in over 400 variations.
The book was translated into English under the title Go Book of Peach Blossom Spring in 2014 by Ruoshi Sun with the following contents.
Table of Contents
- Foreword (by Ruoshi Sun)
- Preface (by Fan Xiping)
- Part I
- 9-5 Cap (44 variations)
- 3-6 Invasion (28 variations)
- Entering the Corner with the Very Large Knight’s Move (12 variations)
- Kick, 3-6 Invasion (24 variations)
- 3-5 Invasion, Hane (40 variations)
- Attacking with Two-Space Extension and Keima (36 variations)
- Corner Seal (7 variations)
- Inappropriate Corner Seal (6 variations)
- Kosumi Seal (16 variations)
- Kick, Jump Seal (11 variations)
- Kick, Keima Seal (9 variations)
- 9-4 Press (4 variations)
- Part II
- 5-6 Keima Attack (44 variations)
- Double Low Approach (56 variations)
- Three-Space Extension (16 variations)
- 3-5 Invasion (15 variations)
- 2-5 Invasion (21 variations)
- Kick, Clamp Invasion (6 variations)
- Kick, Jump, Clamp Invasion (8 variations)
- Cross Cut (55 variations)
The English version is available on CreateSpace and Amazon. Sample pages can be viewed on Amazon.
The cover image is the game of "nailing down the guoshou title" (一釘成國手), in which Fan Xiping (B) became guoshou by defeating Liang Weijin (W).