OD1P July 29 Problem / Attempts
seldon: 1 looks promising to me, but I haven't yet found a way to counter the ko white threatens to set up at a:
jvt: 1 is the only solution.
- jvt: Black 3 is bad. White can live at a. Black 3 should be at 7.
- Dieter White A is treated in the last diagram. PLease have a look.
- 11 at 7: one eye
- jvt: Black 3 and White 6 are bad. 3 at 9 kills. 6 at 7 makes White alive.
--Dieter: Yes, you're right
- splice: I've been trying to figure out if 1 works. It's been completely omitted here, so I figure the response is obvious, but I'm just a beginner...
- splice: Won't this result in bulky 5 or 2x2? I don't see any way of saving the two marked stones.. Anyone care to enlighten me?
- Mark Wirdnam: I think white has to answer at 2 here.
- splice: Right, I see it now. Thank you.
- grouik: I was wondering about B e1 .... Do I miss something in this sequence ?
jvt: After B 1, W lives with 2 and 4.