New Zealand Go Society
The New Zealand Go Society:
- publishes Go news to kiwis
- organises the annual NZ Go Congress competition
- maintains a points system for members
- sends a NZ representative to the World Amateur Go Championship (WAGC) annually
- runs a bookshop (selling boards, stones, books) with special deals for members
- is a member of the International Go Federation
- monitors the progress of the Go Kichi Trophy
- has developed its own web site at https://go.org.nz
- now has an email list for announcements and discussions
Membership of the NZGS runs from 1 July to 30 June the following year. The membership fee is currently $10 per annum (half price for non-earners).
Contacts for the New Zealand Go Society include:
President: Kevin Liu (firstname.lastname@example.org) Secretary: Colin Grierson (email@example.com) Treasurer: Huang Zhou (David) (firstname.lastname@example.org) Enquiries: email@example.com
We use the New Zealand Rules.
You'll find Kiwi Go players in the KiwiGo room on KGS. Best times are probably evenings (NZ local time).
New Zealand Go Clubs:
 Harleqin: Does anybody have a description of this rating system?
Corrin: Acutally, there is currently no national rating system although Auckland still mantains a regional one. The points system is used to keep track of WAGC points in order to decide who will represent NZ.
 (Sebastian:) Do the NZ rules owe their existence to KiwiGo?
mgoetze: Do you mean the magazine? If so, the answer is no. See this link.