Manitoba Go Association
|Table of contents|
a.k.a. Manitoba Go Club
a.k.a. Winnipeg Go Club
- Tuesdays 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm at GameKnight 726 Osborne Street
- Membership is free.
You can also join us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/manitobagoassociation/ The Facebook group is our primary method of confirming meeting attendance. Unless group admins/moderators know you personally, requests to join may be denied if application questionnaires are not completed (as of March 2019, the questionnaire has never been more than 3 questions)
The books can be taken out by any *member* of the MGA. The time limit on all books before renewal is 2 weeks.
Prerequisites for borrowing books: Name/Phone Number are required to be listed and books properly signed out.
- K01: Invincible: The Games of Shusaku
- K12: (EGS) Tesuji
- K13: (EGS) Life and Death
- K26: The Direction of Play
- K28 Lessons in the Fundamentals of Go
- K29: Reducing Territorial Framework
- K45: Nie Wei Ping, Direction of Play
- K52: (GSA) Joseki, Volume 1
- K53: (GSA) Joseki, Volume 2
- K54: (GSA) Joseki, Volume 3
- K55: (GSA) Invading
- K56: (GSA) Tesuji
- K59: (GSA) Handicap Go
- K60: (GSA) Attacking
- K72: (MB) 1001 Life-and-Death Problems
- K73: (MB) Making Good Shape
- K81: A Dictionary of Modern Fuseki: The Korean Style
- Y09: (TAG) Connecting Stones
- Y20: Cho Hun-Hyeon Lectures on Go
- ---: Jungsuk In Our Time
- MB: Mastering the Basics
- EGS: Elementary Go Series
- GSA: Get Stong At
- TAG: The Art of Go series
- Excalibur clocks (x11)
- 19x19 boards (x20)
- 13x13 boards (x12)
- 9x9 boards (x100)
- For more information, please contact either
- We have our own room on KGS, it can be found in the room list, then select clubs and then "manitoba go association"
Armin Lehn (a.k.a. newgo) will be remembered forever by the MGA. He was our longest lived supporter and the reason our club has survived so long. He leaves behind a legacy of wisdom, skill and memories that will last forever.
If anyone can remember a story about Armin, please submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org