Full title: "Asonde Igo ga tsuyoku naru: Ginsei Igo" (Playing Go makes you stronger: Silver Star Go)
Publisher: Silver Star Japan
Release Date: 13 December 2018
Languages: Japanese only
Number of Players: 1 (against computer AI) or 2 persons
This is a game that is available in the Japanese Nintendo Switch e-store. Because the Switch is not region-locked, it is possible to set up an extra profile on the switch and link it to a Japanese Nintendo account. The challenge is how to add funds to the account in order to purchase the game: for people outside Japan, the easiest way to add funds is to purchase a gift card from an online seller such as Play Asia.
It was released in English as Being Stronger While Playing! SilverStar Go DX on June 25th, 2020.
- 2855 Go Problems
- Description of the Rules of Go
- 3 Different levels: Raw Beginner, Shokyu (beginning level kyu player), Mid-level Kyu player
- Hints available from the computer
- Guidance given during fuseki (opening moves)
A Nintendo Online subscribtion is needed to use the data backup features.
- It doesn't look to me like it is possible to play over the net. Because the interface is Japanese language only, you probably need at least some basic Japanese reading ability to navigate around the program. I added this page here in case someone with better Japanese skill than me is able to provide some more information on this program.
- The Nintendo Switch is a gaming console from Nintendo, which can be used both as a handheld console as well as docked to a big screen at home. It can be used to play go or solve go problems.
- there is a Shogi (Japanese chess) program available on the Nintendo switch