Get strong at go doping
This is to clean up the game (a healthy mind needs an healthy body) and to prevent go addicts joining clean tournaments.
We at sensei's library want to be in the frontline of these developments and want you to be aware of the following illegal activities and how they will be diagnosed. So you can prepair yourself for these new regulations
As that Go is a mindsport? there will be much psychological testing. (still to add)
- Not taking the drugs test
- Even if you don't know what it is for, or how it is done, refusing to take the drugstest will lead to disqualification, be aware that it does include a sextest as well so don't use urine of the opposite sex. (or do if you pretend to be one)
- from an not-to-be-named other mindsport chess there have been rumours that players have been disqualified just because after a loss they were unable to concentrate enough to give their sample, Unfortunedly samples can only be given after a match.
- 3rd category drugs
- Before you think that LSD (hi men) Prozac (since I don't care about dead groups anymore my rating has flown through the clouds) and other illegal drugs will also lead to disqualification. Or to inprisomnment without goban(whatever you prefer)
- Prescribed drugs
- Need to be discused with the international drugs officers comittee before using. use the 5 language prescribed form (Be aware that the form needs to be filled in English, French, Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Russian is optional)
- the most used disqualifying drugs. It is known that at a certain EGF tournament was even sponsered by an not-to-be named coffee supplier. The first prize consisted out of 10 kg of this lovely brown stuff. (there are rumours it was before the coffee ban took effect)
- not on the list YET
- Not sleeping before tournaments
- Although in scientific circles the effectivity of this method is seriously in doubt (of the 40 participants in a scientific test 4 participants fell asleep after move 150) still it is on the doping list.
- sleeping with joseki books under your pillow
- At the moment not detectable, but it is thought that it will leave a measurable slight depression in the skull.
- using dead masters
- Hikaru you are disqualified.
- Playing in the clouds
- (aka blooddoping) playing at high altitude to increase the oxigen content of the blood when you play again at your own level. , this also applies to stopping with smoking before tournaments. easy to detect,
- playing in the clouds II
- (aka playing against weaker opponents only) Always make sure that the amount of stones you took as handicap equals the amount the amount of stones you gave.
- Online go playing
- It is assumed that online go playing has an inproper influence on your playing strenght. there will be unexpected house visits to investigate that you do.nt play go online.
more to follow
- Reading articles on sensei's library
- maybe the biggest threat to clean go are the go addicts who late at night visit sensei's library a well known meetingplace for go addicts. Unfortunedly you are now to late. Your ip email and DNA has been logged. from now on you may only play go for fun. sorry....
 This deserves a (non-humourous) footnote, because some people really have been worried about this. Under the proposed anti-doping rules, caffeine will be monitored but not banned. It's still OK to drink coffee at go tournaments, despite rumours to the contrary. More info at Doping in Go and http://intergofed.org/members_documents/index.html