This page is for Frequently Asked Questions about the EGD. Those questions relate to the usage of the database itself, and about the submission of results to the database.
- What is a well organised tournament?
- There is no fixed or agreed definition of this. It means that a competitor who believes that the tournament was not well organised can complain about it being allocated its original category.
- Do I have to apply in advance to the EGD to obtain permission to run a category A event?
- No. So long as your tournament is approved by the federation of the country in which in takes place, it can be submitted according to the rules as described in the EGD.
- Who can submit results to the EGD?
- For a tournament which takes place in a european country, only accounts which have been approved by the national federation of that country can submit the results. EGF AGM 2018
- Can a tournament have handicap games and still be included for ratings?
- Yes, the system supports handicap games for all rating categories (A, B, C, and D). The only caveat is that a handicap greater than 9 stones is not allowed.