Vienna is quite a good place for Go players. Almost every day of the week you can find one or more places to play (see below). Furthermore, Kobayashi Chizu 5p has been living in Vienna from March 2007 onwards. She has had a great impact on the Go life in Vienna.
Kobayashi-sensei teaches Go at prestigious schools, has organized a Go course at the Japanese Cultural Center in Vienna, and has organized one-day Master courses that have been attended by players from surrounding countries as well.
There is a modern, spacious Club location that is dedicated to Go: the GO7 club.
You can play on these days in these locations:
- Monday: GO7, 17:00-22:00
- Wednesday: Wiedner Billard Center, 18:00-24:00 (smoky)
- Wednesday: GO7, 17:00-22:00
- Friday: Wiedner Billard Center, 18:00-24:00 and later (smoky)
- Saturday: GO7, 15:00-20:00
- Saturday: also at the Cafe Sperlhof, 15:00 - 19:00
- Sunday: Wiedner Billard Center, 18:00-24:00 (smoky)
Wbc is closed
There is also a Go school with Kobayashi-sensei on Mondays and Thursdays at the GO7 club. See the club's web site for more information.
If you want to visit Vienna, be sure to get in contact with Viennese Go players either at the Go club (or other playing locations), or post to the forum on the Austrian Go Federation's Website.